Yarnings

Textural ranting and roving

Thursday, July 19, 2007

In From the Land of Jang

Back on the blogger track...not that I was really on it to begin with (and I have less excuse than Ms. Jang)! Happenings since my last post:

Minus one appendix
Plus two pairs of hand knit socks
One home bought, one put on the market
One home unbought, one taken off the market
One cabled baby sweater
One 7/8 completed Lift and Separate, summarily frogged (yarn waiting for inspiration)

The explanations of many of those are very long and drawn out...things that would have made for interesting blogging had I not been so caught up. We are also sadly now minus one grandmother. It is always hard to say goodbye to those who have such profound influence on our lives. After the past few months she has had we were relieved for her to be at peace.

After a week of vacation the ineptness and malaise from work that seemed to follow me home lifted and the breathed new life into my knitting. I have a finished object to post:



Pattern: Tulip Baby Cardigan
Color Option: TBT05
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy Worsted

Love the yarn, love the pattern. It is fun, fun, fun knitting all around! Minus the time it took to get extra yarn from the yarn shop, this took less than 10 days to knit together. Best of all...very minimal finishing. Love only having to weave in ends! I can't wait to do another one. We'll see how that pans out. I tend to be a bumblebee knitter. What else do I have on the needles? The April STR Grasshoppers, Spiral Boot Socks from IK Summer 2007 and another baby cardigan of my own design. This requires a longer post and pictures so I'll save that one for another day...hopefully sooner than later. I have to document what I did somewhere anyway!

Along with this new wind of knitting fever came the desire to organize and generally clean up the mess which was my stash. In our home remodeling projects I was given a strict "area" for said stash. This "law" arbitrarily set down by my non-knitting spouse elicited a feeling generally confined to roller coasters. Items that did not fit into said "area" were not allowed to find a home elsewhere. Panic, serious panic. Miraculously 90% of the stash fits (a very arbitrary term) and the yarn that didn't wasn't anything I had any fantasies over. Lots of straights and Lion Brand Yarn are up for grabs. If anyone reads this and would really like to know what's there and would like it before it goes in the garage sale is welcome to it! Email requests to phoebesma at comcast daht com.

Gotta go knit on Ivy's Fab Fibonacci Cardi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home